Friday, July 4, 2008

Trip to Penang

I'm going to start a new chapter in my blog that will record my trips/ tours/ vacations to whatever places that I may go ... with a camera ofcourse. I guess it will be more on my business trips and bike convoys/ get-together if i'm active with those kind of activities.

First entry - My business trip to Penang on 26th June 2008. I had to do a product presentation for 30 minutes to our high-end customers in Penang but I have to spend a night there ..... hehehe. The seminar committee reserved a room for me at Gurney Hotel Resort & Residence located along the famous Gurney Drive. Great Choice! The room is big with walk-in wardrobe, dedicated shower corner with glass screen (not in the bath-tub.. yikes!), great view facing the sea, nice pillow and FREE INTERNET access in the room.

... and the best part is they only charged me RM170 for the night! I think that was the corporate rate. This will be my favourite hotel for my many business trips in the future.


A table, a chair and the Sea.

Ample space. Can 'tapau' dinner and eat comfortably at the table.


At night, me with some friends when out to Penang Street. We had a very late dinner at 11pm and the three of us 'pekena sup kambing'. The mutton soup is so delicious that i forgot to snap pictures. My PDA phone night-shot quality won't help either. Lesson learnt - always bring a proper Digital Camera on any trips.

No comments: