Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Back Cycling

After nearly 2 years hiatus from biking, I'm ready to cycle again.

The no-cycling period was quite long, pretty long to erase the mental images of having a bad fall twice in a single day. That day in Bukit Kiara made me feel that it is useless for a mortal man on a bike trying to challenge Nature and Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation. But human is given at birth an irrational mind - the more risk, the more fun we can get.

So on Saturday, 19 April 2008, I've decided that I need something to erase those bad memories. What I need was something that motivate me to cycle again. Something fresh and new, things that are not expensive and not require any major installation on the bike. And I've decided the thing was a brand new Mountain Bike shoes. I'm such a sucker for shoes anyway!

Northwave Kaiman.Northwave Kaiman.


After reaching home from the specialty bikeshop in TTDI, I prep up the bike and did some lubing on the chains. The bike looked ok to me but safety always comes first (after you already had few accidents):

1. The bike cockpit - Checked!

SRAM X7 shifters, Shimano Deore brake levers, ODI grips.


2. Check the tire pressure - Checked!

Mavic wheels, Hybrid on/off road tires, Shimano hub and SRAM X9 Rear Derailure.


3. Check bum pressure - Checked (ouch)!!

Fizik Gobi saddle, FSA seatpost


4. Glove and Helmet. Checked!

SixSixOne Glove and Ironmag helmet.


5. And lastly the endorsement... from SUPERGIRL!

Endorsement given after bribing SUPERGIRL with a cheeseburger.


I would get a good night rest, wake up in Sunday morning and I'll be ready for my first proper ride.

No comments: